Beliefs are the very things that shape our lives. At Equippers Church our beliefs are based on The Word of God. Here's what we believe:
- We believe there is one true living God, who eternally exists in three persons in unity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures.
- We believe in the original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
- We believe in the virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ, His second coming and eternal Kingdom reign.
- We believe in the justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him, and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body. We believe in the sacraments of baptism by immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with supernatural signs, empowering the Church for its mission in the world. We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- We believe in Christ’s leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
- We believe in the privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithing to the local church.
- We believe that marriage is ordained by God in Scripture for the exclusive union between one man and one woman, for their mutual help and comfort.